Task 1: Review the answer key from today’s homework and discuss with your table as needed.
Due January 2nd. Have a great holiday season, and stay warm!
Regents Problems. Show all work for credit. Merely writing multiple choice/short response answers will not lead to any credit. This assignment is worth 5 homework grades. Doing 3-4 problems everyday will be more relaxing, better for you mentally, and will lead to better learning than trying to complete the entire assignment in one night (particularly the night before the assignment is due).
- August 2018 –
- August 2017 –
- August 2015 – 1, 2, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 16, 18, 28, 34, 37
Due Monday: Function Features
Due tomorrow (11/13)
- Mixture problems (systems of equations)
- Graphing systems of inequalities and identifying solutions and non-solutions
- Creating and graphing systems of inequalities from word problems
- Function notation, solutions, and domain/range
- Mixture Problems Practice
- HINT: The mixture problem on the quest comes from one of the practice problems (solutions are at the end)
- Function Notation Regents HW
- HINT: Three of the problems on the quest come from these regents problems (solutions can be found online)
- Systems of Inequalities Word Problems
- HINT: Two of the problems on the quest come from these regents problems (solutions can be found at the end)
- Graphing Systems of Inequalities
- HINT: One of the problems on the quest is similar to one of these regents problems (solutions can be found at the end)
Algebra Regents Problems: http://www.nysedregents.org/algebraone/
Make sure to check your answers. Multiple choice answers can be found on page 2 of the appropriate “Scoring Key and Rating Guide”. Short response answers can be found in the appropriate “Model Response Set.”
There will be a “Quest” next week which will include at least 2 of the questions below.
- August 2016: #5, #30
- June 2017: #5
- August 2017: #2, #4, #10
- June 2018: #2
- August 2018: #5, #6
You have two homework assignments due tomorrow:
(1) Finish today’s system of inequalities classwork
(2) Watch the video and answer the questions at the end:
Entire problem set due tomorrow (12/4): Mixture Problems
Welcome to our Multi-Day Activity!
Description and Requirements
In this individual activity, you will be solving three system of equations problems using multiple methods.
The assignment is to choose one easy problem and one medium problem from the list of system of equation letters. In addition, you must solve the mandatory problem below. For each problem:
- Solve using a graph
- Solve using substitution
- Solve using elimination
- Present your solution in a mini-booklet or set of stapled papers. The work may be neatly hand-written or typed.
We will be working on this activity in class until Friday (11/30). The due date is Monday (12/3), so anything you don’t finish in class will be homework for the weekend.
*If you are having trouble reading the problem, save and open the image as a separate file.
722: Homework (Due Monday, December 3)
- August 2018 – Question 37
- August 2018 – Question 9
- August 2017 – Question 37
- January 2017 – Question 25
- January 2017 – Question 34
If you finish everything you need to work on and still have time in class, I strongly urge you to solve one last (or two last) problem(s) using this new, more challenging list of system of equation letters.